This PADI Open Water Guide contains all of the information you need to successfully start your journey with Pompano Dive Center.
The best news? You can start TODAY, right now - even before you have chosen course dates.
Click here to register for PADI eLearning
- Click "Purchase an Online Course – eLearning"
- Select Course Details "Open Water Diver - English"
- Make sure it says "Pompano Dive Center/19332", then click "Buy Now"
- Select the Country and State of your residence.
- It will then display the current price that PADI charges : (Price: $174.00 USD)
- This charge of $174 goes to PADI directly, for the online academics only. Pompano Dive Center has a fee for the practical portions of this course. These fees, and additional options/upgrades are listed below.
This cost is separate from Pompano Dive Center's hands-on Instruction cost, but does include:
- Open Water Online (eLearning),
- Certification card processing fee,
- eTraining log, eManual,
- eRDP Desktop,
- RDP Table (digital),
- Knowledge Reviews,
Click "Buy Now" again, and complete the registration process. The email address you choose is very important. Ensure it is typed correctly, or it may result in difficulty. If you did not see "Pompano Dive Center/19332" below "Buy Now" - please call us to fix this issue at 954-788-0208.
What to Expect: You'll watch some videos, take some quizzes and exams, and learn some pretty cool things. Once you are close to completing the academics, you can contact us and we can go over course dates. We will take a $100 deposit to secure your spot in the course that works best for you. You can complete this academic portion on your own time, and at your own personal pace. You can do this digital course from any computer with an internet connection, and from the comfort of your own home or office!
The Open Water Schedule: (Please be flexible as weather and local events may cause slight changes)
- Day 1: Two hour orientation with your Instructor covering the gear you will be using, and answering any questions you may have about the training and overall experience. The hours for this introduction are discussed and agreed to with your instructor, in advance.
- Day 2: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. We will start off in the Pool, and then explore shallow open water in the afternoon, max 40 ft.
- Day 3: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. We will start off in the Pool, and then explore deeper open water in the afternoon, max 60ft.
At the end of the course you will be a Certified Open Water Diver for life!
Again, Pompano Dive Center will not charge you a deposit until you choose your course dates, and the balance will not be due until you arrive for course orientation.
We also offer numerous upgrades that might be of great value to you:
Private Instruction: $419.00 - This ensures maximum instructor time, and allows us to cater to your specific needs. You pick the dates that work best for you, and the one-on-one time will guarantee that you feel comfortable and that the course is conducted at your pace.
Custom Schedule: $319.00 - You pick the dates that work best for you, but this course does have a two diver minimum.
Base Course $269.00 - Our base course would be conducted on one of our pre scheduled course dates, and will have additional divers in the course with you.
Any of these packages also include, at no additional cost:
- eLearning Enhancement Pack Course Materials
- Open Water Certification Card, mailed to your home.
- Boat Charters on our new Custom Dive Boats, which always have complimentary drinks and snacks.
- Instruction from one of Pompano Dive Center's experienced Instructors.
- All Rental Gear (Tanks, High Quality Scubapro Wetsuits, Weight-Integrated BCD's, and Scubapro Regulators with Dive Computers)
The only thing we require you to have of your own:
- Mask, Fins, and Snorkel - We can help you pick out something you will be comfortable in. We consider these personal fit items, and the better they fit, the better you will feel. We also offer Student discounts on these items.
- You have the entire length of your course to exchange any of these items for an item if we "didn't get it right" ! Choose and use with confidence!
All of the gear we sell is manufactured by Scubapro - a trusted brand in SCUBA for over 50 years. Our expert associates will properly fit you for each piece of gear separately and find what fits YOU best. A comfortable diver is a happy diver, and a successful dive course starts in the shop with finding the perfect gear for you.
If at any time you need assistance, please email email@example.com